Sunday 1 March 2015

Production Journal:Front Cover Imagery part 1



This is the magazine that I got my idea from. It has the grey background which I used which I meant to do so that it will give my magazine a sorrowful mood. The colour scheme is orange which I think compliments the grey really well. The magazine is a tribute to the '8 mile movie' which Eminem featured in. The general look of the magazine was something that inspired me mainly the image. The facial expression linked to the theme I was setting out to do which was that my model is on the road to redemption and he is repenting for all the chaos he has done. I think this magazine coheres with this idea hence the reason for me choosing this an inspiration.

Draft Image

This is my first draft photo which I took, as you can see what I had in mind for my model was to have a grey costume with a grey hat, this is because I wanted to give my model a subtle look and make him look like he is ,calm and meek. He isn't looking directly at the camera which I purposely intended to do, this way he isn't looking at the readers but suggest that he is thinking about something. The lighting is bright and on his face which I meant to do  so that the readers can clearly his facial expression. However, I didn't end up using this image due to the poor camera work and lack of effect.




Final Image
This is my final image which was used in my magazine, I chose this looks because it was more like the vision I had intended on having. the beanie hat gives my model a simple street, yet no to ambiguous look. As you can see the camera work is a bit better as I managed to filter the picture taken, as well as making it a medium close up emphasising my theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment