Sunday 1 March 2015

Production Journal: Double Page Spread

Double page spread Image
Double page spread


Finally, for my double page spread page I used the same artist I used in my contents page, it is an article which tells the readers about him and his rise to rap super stardom. He is centred in the middle of the page which is a convention to the Q magazine which I got a vision from. The page layout is also a convention as he is the main subject and there is text in the right hand corner. 
As you notice it is a close up shot on his face as he strikes a wide smile clear into the camera lens. This was done to emphasise the fact that he is smiling to his fortunate success and he is not caring about the hate.















Here is three elements to my double page spread, the drop capital, the pull quote and the article itself. I found it hard at first trying to fit a reasonable amount of text in a small area. I followed the conventions of a typical magazine article with the drop capital which makes the page look more presentable. The pull quote is also another text I put in the double page spread, this was to attract readers towards the article; the black text is clear and bold which is easily readable.

For the background of the double page spread, the picture was taken in a classroom setting but I ended up using the 'blurred tool' in Photoshop to make is look unclear and for readers to focus mainly on the image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment