Sunday 1 March 2015

Production Journal:Front Cover Imagery part 2

Bar code position
My front cover

My bar code position


For my magazine front cover I did not go with the conventions of the magazine I was trying to portray. For my bar code I positioned it to the left of the magazine while the magazine that gave me inspiration's bar code was to the right side of the magazine. I wanted to give more room for text on the right side as the main message of the my magazine was taking up most of the space.



Here in my magazine front cover as part of the models look I had the model wearing an earring and a necklace. The crucifix/cross necklace is part of the them of this idea that the artist is on the road to redemption and he is trying to repent for his mistakes if you will.
Silver earring
Crucifix chain
The earring adds that conventional look to how a stereotypical rapper is depicted. Due to my original shot of the earring being unclear, I edited the real image by inputting a shinier earring from a picture already taken to make it more realistic and empthasises on the riches he has. Below are some of the images I used to give me some ideas when deciding what type of look I needed.





No comments:

Post a Comment