Sunday 1 March 2015

Production Journal: Contents Page Layout

Vibe contents page layout
My contents page layout

For my contents page as you can see, I used the vibe magazine contents page as an idea which I thought is very creative. The writing I lined it up to one side (right), this gives room for my image which is put in the centre. I did this so the image can be the main focus so that readers can focus on the image and the motive behind it. 


In addition, for my background of my contents page, it was originally white but because it made it look to empty and dull, I changed the colour to a mixture between ashy green and grey, I used to the blending tool to interlock the colours to give it a very cool, unique look.

For the contents title I used the font 'Showcard Gothic', this is a very cool, youthful look which is a representation of how my magazine is set out to be. The font size is 68 which is a convention to how it is seen on hip hop/RnB magazine. Another idea I got from the vibe magazine was using the first letter of the magazine and making it a logo to use in the contents page. I think this is very creative and playful as It makes readers familiar with the brand name of the magazine. Also I kept the colour the same so that readers won't get confused with the original masthead.




No comments:

Post a Comment