Thursday 26 February 2015

Production Journal: Front Cover Masthead/Text & Font Style

Masthead

As you can see this here is the masthead of my magazine which is called 'URBAN FLOW'. The font size very a convention to a typical size you would see on a Hip Hop/RnB magazine. The font type is not installed on Photoshop CS5, i downloaded it on a website, and the font style is known as 'freshman'. As you can see the theme of my magazine was a vibrant orange which i think best suited the magazine I am trying to portray.




Text/Font

The next stage of my front cover was imputing some writing and text to it. Again i used the same colour scheme as my masthead which is orange while adding white to give the magazine a blend with two colours. However the font style I used was different from the masthead, this time it was from Photoshop, which was 'impact'. This is also a convention to magazine as they do not always keep the text the same making it a bit more stylish and eye-catching so to speak.




Slogan

Underneath my masthead is my slogan which I think suits the meaning of what my magazine is trying to say which is 'the music that flows within'. The font i used for this was 'impact' and I positioned it right under the masthead to the right which is a conventional way of arranging your slogan.

No comments:

Post a Comment